The Rainbow Rocky Road.

By Othniel Gaijin - Saturday, October 08, 2011



SO.....

I made my own birthday cake for my own birthday party.

Wowza!

Honestly, it's my very first MAJOR baking venture.

I have baked cakes/muffins/brownies before.
But nothing on this scale.

I'm actually better on the stove then on the oven.
Nya.

So, I actually had a little sprinkle of worry on it.

Mostly objection from the parents.
But me being Gaijin, I do what I wanna do babbyyy.

SO..
I went and did a little research and got what it is I was supposed to get.

And the process continues.

NIGHT BEFORE THE PARTY.

I started the baking.

I really wanted to be on the safe side.
So I cheated.
I bought White Wings Golden Buttercake ready make cake mix.


JUST IN CASE.
I didn't want to you know, like exceed on the salt/baking powder etc etc.
So I got two packs!

Quite simple and very straight forward.

Add eggs, butter and milk and vanilla essence.

And stir until there isn't any lumps and it's all smooth and awesome smelling.
I couldn't resist.
Had to swallow some.
Awesome shizzz.

Then, separate into as many proportions you want.
I only decided on 6 colours.


Separate and add the food colouring.
Then stir until the colouring is completely diluted.


I had the hands of a toddler who played with paint!
HAHA.

Then, it was all baking.
Pour and level in buttered baking dishes.


Preheat oven to 180`C.
And bake.

Sadly, I have a tiny microwave convection oven.
So, I could only bake two trays at a time.

And by the time I finished, it was already morning.
Okay.
I must have fallen asleep here and there.
HAHA!

Filling!

After all the layers have baked and cooled, it was time to do the marshmallow filling.

This is extremely simple.
Get the smallest marshmallows you could find.
Easier to melt and easier to handle.




So, dump em all in a bowl, add a little water so they won't burn and put in the microwave.
After every 30 seconds, remove, stir and repeat till the marshmallows have all melted and it's in a very smooth consistency.




Then, layer the cake!
I kinda put too much marshmallows.
HAHA!
And it kinda over-flowed over the cake.
But it's fine.


Then freeze it for the marshmallows to harden.

Chocolate icing!

You know, Youtube is the best place ever.
They practically got everything up there.

So I got this extremely simple icing recipe.

Mix melted butter with cocoa powder and stir.



Siying came over to help!
Love you bro!
:D




Add milk and stir again.

After everything has mixed, add the icing sugar.


Keep adding and beating till you have your DESIRED consistency.

And viola!

Icing is done!

Then, pour over cake and ice it up gently.




Actually this wasn't easy.

But it was all perfect in the end!

FOR COCOA POWDER, ALWAYS USE VAN HOUTENS. IT'S THE BEST QUALITY COCOA POWDER I KNOW!

Teehee!

And my awesome cake is all done!


It was actually extremely simple!
I think now, I have conquered the oven as well!






Who want's me to bake a cake for their birthday?!
HAHAHA!



SPEAK UP NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE!









  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 shots