PolyForum 2011!

By Othniel Gaijin - Friday, September 30, 2011


Well, as some of you may know,


I WENT FOR POLYFORUM 2011!

To sum it up..just awesome.

(I mean provided with the fact that I initially didn't want to go)

Well, where do I start?!

Let's start with the overview shall we?

Polytechnic Forum is held every year where 300 over chosen students from all Polytechnics and from all courses and walk of life gather to discuss our beloved country, Singapore!

I was one of the lucky few who got to go this year.
(Along with 300 others)

So basically, there are 2 parts(weeks) to this whole forum.

FIRST,(week)
The in Singapore part.

This year, it was held by Republic Polytechnic.
So half of the time, we were at RP.
We had discussions and talks and movie screenings and all.
We got to meet celebrities like Boo Jun Feng, Beatrice Chia-Richmond and Serene Chen.
Just to name a few.

I was in the sub-group Culture.
So everything we did or had, was in some way, related to the Singapore Culture.
We had an "Amazing Race" on the first day.
Then we had a survey quest in town.
And visits to Asian Civilizations Museum and National Museum of Singapore.
It was fun!
I wouldn't actually go to these places on my own.
And honestly, I didn't want to leave at all.
I loved the Asian Civilizations Museum the most!

Overall, it was just awesome.
Getting to know new friends from all over.
Getting into discussions and talks all.
It was just all wonderful.













SECOND, (week)
The overseas residential part.

This year, we went to the Lotus Resort, Desaru.
APPARENTLY PREVIOUS YEARS, THEY WENT ON CRUISES.
But anyway, what can I do?
Haha.

Here, was where the serious shit came down to business.
Hardcore intense discussions on the Singapore culture.
And my group were in the topic of Culture Beyone Singapore.
i.e: Singaporeans living out of Singapore.

It was the perfect scenario for me and I felt so attached and kinda emotional when it came to discussions and all.
Well I wasn't the only one. There were 2 others who were just like me!
Somewhat.
HAHA.

For once it felt kinda okay to talk about all the hard times I faced being overseas.
And in some ways proud.

Though, I did feel that more time was needed, and that all our views should be put across.
Well, we did slug out our feelings and minds and time, and I did feel kinda sad that whatever it was that we all worked so hard on, didn't go as far as we had intended it to go.
Especially for 3 of us.

But all in all, everything was for the greater good wasn't it?

In the end, it was all the wonderful times I had with all these awesome people!
It's very shocking to know, that if it wasn't for Polyforum, I wouldn't have met them.
I feel so lucky!




The highlight for me, during the polyforum was the Social Night.
It's the night where, everything is put aside, and it's all fun and dancing and pure enjoyment!
My group theme was the 60's 70's!
So we were the most colorful/vibrant of all groups there!

And we danced to Earth, Wind and Fire babyyy!

Do youoo remembaa
The very first niiight
Septembaaaa

Anyway, I'll let all the pictures do all the talking yeah.
Enough blabber from me.




At the end of it all, we had to go back to RP to meet the education minister.
Minister Heng Swee Keat.

I felt the time we had with him was really short, but hell, he is the minister.
I am so sure he got so much stuff to do..
BUT EVEN SO..
TIME TO SHORT.

AND..

IN MY HONEST OPINION..

I REALLY FELT LIKE HE DIDN'T REALLY ANSWER THE QUESTIONS DIRECTLY IN ANY WAY AT ALL.

I was kinda disappointed.

But that aside.

I left with the sweetest of memories.
And with the best of friends too.

It's something that just cannot be weighed.

When I came back, I felt so detached from the world.
I felt so disconnected.

Which is rare for me.

Truth be told,

Polyforum did have an impact on me.

And I am happy that it did.



And did I forget to mention it how I celebrated my birthday with these wonderful people?!
I shall update that on another post!



This post officially marks my return to the blogging world!


Prepare for more!



And remember!

GAIJIN <3 YOU!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 shots