Death can be sweet. Invictus.

By Othniel Gaijin - Wednesday, December 01, 2010


R.I.P

My hamster, whom my mother affectionately called Hammie has passed away.
She called every hamster I had Hammie by the way.
This was I think the only picture I could find of her.
Had to dig through the archives just to find her.

She was the last of her long reigning family.
Whom I've had for at least 4 generations from this pair of parents.
Her mum passed away too.
Old age I presume.
Or just too much kids.
And the father.
He ran away.
Like literally.
He just *poofed* one day.
Like a father that disappeared and was never heard of again.

I can't remember, but I think she should be 3 years old.
For 3 years she was enjoying her life in my humble home.
She was born here, and brought up in this very home.
And has never left.

The house is gonna be so quiet now.
No more spinning wheels, no more clattering of the cages, no more acrobatics.
I'm glad.
Even in her last days she was all full of life, swinging all over the place.
And she had a peaceful death.
She just cuddled up, went to sleep.

:)

I am sad though.
And happy.

Gonna miss you Hammie!

Her death did take me and my family by surprise.
I think Mother shed a tear.
She was the most fond of her.
Splurging her with goodies a normal hamster would not eat.
I mean beancurd and beansprouts and mango?!

Well, I was shocked.
Shocked that I kept thinking on my bed till I zonked out.
Forgetting to do presentation charts.
Which left me being a MAD MAN at 545 in the morning.
You should have seen me.
Flying around the home, paint scissors, paper flying every where.

I seriously need to stop waking up in the wee hours and fucking rush to finish work.
It stops now.

Anyways, watch Invictus over the weekend with the family.
Very slow indeed.



Though I wouldn't say Morgan Freeman makes a good Nelson Mandela.
He is an awesome actor.
But he has had better roles.
Like the Bucket List?

Well the best parts of the film, I would say is the rugby match.
The plane making a dive for the stadium.
Teaching the township kids how to play.



It's just one of those good inspirational films.
Based on facts.

I now leave you with that poem.
Which caught my heart in the movie.




INVICTUS

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 shots